Thursday, March 20, 2014

Noro, Noro, Noro, Noro, Noro

Just what I need in South Carolina: a pullover sweater. (Well, yes, maybe this year, but it was a weird year.) More than several (4-5) years ago, I purchased some lovely Noro Silk Garden (color #73) and a pattern booklet. I finished the back and part of the front, then it languished. And napped. And slept. Got buried (though not really dead.) Then, miracle of miracles, it was uncovered in a frenzy of pre-spring cleaning.
After looking over what I had done and what I had left to do, I determined that a) I no longer wanted a pullover but maybe wanted a cardigan and b) I liked the yarn so much that I wanted to use it right away. The corollary to a) was that ( sadly) I would have to knit the next larger size and that I might not have enough yarn. The final decision? Frog it and knit several small projects (for me and for my charity basket)...

IMMEDIATELY!

The results:
Easy drop stitch/wavy stitch

I used Size 8 needles. The scarf took about 2 skeins (100 grams.) The finished dimensions are 5" by 66

Multidirectional diagonal scarf


I used size 8 needles. The scarf took about 2 skeins ( 95 grams.) I cast on 26 stitches. The finished dimensions are 4" by 72."







Noro hat(s)
I used size 7 needles. Each of the 3 hats used about 1.25 skeins (65-70 grams. The directions were altered a bit so they would not be as pointy or large.

After 6 purl sections, I decreased evenly every row in knit section.
Purl another section, then decrease evenly every row in knit section.
Purl another section, then decrease evenly every row in knit section. 
Purl another section 2 rows only, then decreased final stitches.           

I even had a bit left over!


No comments: