Tuesday, October 30, 2007

A Quickie



Wow. This was a quick project! I had an urge on Saturday to knit, but couldn't get the oomph going to work on a UFO. I have bags and bags of NP's (new projects) in the guest room, and this one was chosen. I had purchased this kit in NYC at School Products back in 2002 or 2003. The pattern is the Butterfly Scarf and Hat published by Karabella, and the materials were 1 ball of Karabella Aurora 8 (color 13) and 3 balls of Karabella Butterfly (color 75.) It was completed by Sunday night. I believe I will donate it to our knitting guild for the fall/winter charity project. It was a little weird to be knitting a frou-frou scarf again, but the Butterfly yarn was so soft and cuddly that I had to stop every now and then and rub it on my face! Held with the Aurora yarn for the wide band of the hat, it makes a soft, warm covering for the ears. I wonder if it will ever be cold enough again here to need it!?!

3 comments:

Hanh-Trang said...

Hi Cathy,
Glad to see you blog and "tink" again.
I should do the same, ha :).

Jen said...

You're back! Hooray!

dave said...

How about some more awesome yarn close-ups! I need one for a new screen saver!