Saturday, January 31, 2009

Beginning at the End

On this the final day of January, I planned to begin again posting about knitting. In keeping with my "new" ways at looking at life, though, I realized that before I jumped right in with knitting project pictures and commentary, I had some serious organizing to do. Back on January 1, when the idea was to make resolutions for the new year, I decided that by each Monday of the first few months I would complete a cleaning project (that gave me a week to finish.) So far, my closet, bureau, bathroom, and one corner of my bedroom are relatively clear. I believe, however, that the other 2 corners are going to take more than two Mondays!


It's time to reorganize yarn into bins, put copies of free online patterns into sleeves and the appropriate notebook, and gather errant needles. The pile of uncovered UFO's is awesome. Last year, pre-Ravelry, I had created a spreadsheet for all my yarn (including ancient acrylic from the 70's and 80's.)It lists the manufacturer, name, color, yardage, suggested gauge/needle size, and has a column for the finished project. I added up the yardage, divided by 1760, and came up with over 21 miles of yarn...

The other thing I have done is reorganize my pictures on my computer. I now have a file dedicated to photos that eventually will end up in the blog and on Ravelry.
In the meantime, I continue to work on a few projects to keep my sanity.
Finally, since I work every weekend at the library, I do not spend many Saturday afternoons at home. Today, I was treated to this on my wall:






Thanks, God! I needed that!!

No comments: