Saturday, October 02, 2010

Decision #2

This decision was based as much on timing as it was on yardage. Time won out (completed August 2010,) but I had enough yarn left that had I not been working on a deadline I could have made the scarf into a more wearable shawl for me.

The Anne Shoulder Scarf, made with Schaefer Anne hand painted yarn, turned out just a bit too small for my liking. When I started it, I knew it was more of a scarf than a shawl, but I still carry in my head the image of my body from 40 years ago!! I thought it would "look bigger" on my perceived frame, and draw attention away from the problem areas. Of the original 560 yards, I had over 200 yards left. I wish I had knit a few more rows, so it would BE bigger and possibly hide more! I was trying to finish this to wear to a wedding in the Georgia mountains in August. Even warm summer evenings have been almost unbearable, though. "Hot," "hotter," and "hottest" best describe the summer of 2010. I ended up not wearing the scarf after all, and have been eating more fruits and vegetables and fewer carbs to try to shrink the tummy. Who knew that a scarf could make a person look fat!

It is perfect, however, for my daughter.

No comments: