Saturday, August 07, 2010

Decisions

Making decisions is the bane of my existence. Going out to lunch with my coworkers is a joyful respite to the stresses of the job and the rumbling of the tummies, but when we need to decide where to eat, well, we all fall back on our good Southern upbringing and politely ask where the others want to eat. The good news is that we always end up eating somewhere, usually by default. Any place is good, as long as we are with friends.

Then there are other decisions to make. To knit or to read? (answer: audiobooks.) To eat or to knit? (answer: a bib and plenty of napkins.) HGTV, TLC, or Hallmark (answer: why do they all have commercials at the same time?) To nap or to clean house? (answer: obvious.)

I have no answers yet for the following  knitting projects:

Is there enough yarn to do a few more rows or should I follow directions and do edging now?

(The lifelines are a result of a missed stitch and a dropped stitch marker, which led to several rows of frogging and a great deal of frustration figuring out how to pick up yarnovers!)

I have 2.5 oz left of the original 4 oz ball of yarn...

With my body type, do I do the decreases as written or just knit straight down?

Again, is there enough yarn for another pattern repeat or do I do the finishing ruffle now?

I have 40 grams left of an original 150 grams...


To fringe or not to fringe?
 Stay tuned for the answers...

1 comment:

Jen said...

Any answers yet? I love this post!

The only one I can speak to is the prayer shawl... I love fringe!