Sunday, February 20, 2011

Knitting for Babies

Our local Knitting Guild is starting its New Year with wonderful new officers, new programs, and a new charity that involves knitting for babies. For our February meeting, we were encouraged to knit a simple cap. Directions for a ribbed cap were included in our newsletter. I used Simply Soft  Light Country Blue #9913 with size 7 needles.




(The model is my daughter's porcelain doll, made especially for her by a parishioner many years ago. Both are still beautiful.)

It is so-o-o-o wonderfully soft and stretchy enough to grow with a baby.With my partially used 7oz skein, I was able to complete two caps, and could probably produce a third and maybe even a fourth, if the skein had been full.

I look forward to more baby knitting and using up my stash!

1 comment:

Jen said...

Awww... The caps are beautiful, and I miss my doll and her sweet little bed and blankets! I'm so happy she could have her little head warmed!