Sunday, April 17, 2011

Books and Baby Bibs

In my quest for reading all the Newberry Award books, I have 7 more to add.
This time, I learned about having courage, craftsmanship, and spirit while searching for the metaphoric door in a long wall; an Arabian horse, who eventually becomes the sire of legendary thoroughbreds, and his journey to England with his stable boy; runaway siblings camping out in the Metropolitan Museum of Art and the compelling statue of an angel; a young boy caring for a runaway, abused dog; a princess trying to prove herself by seeking and fighting a ferocious dragon; a sharecropper family waiting the return of their father and the return of their dog; and a young orphan boy's legendary feats that awe and astound his contemporaries.

In my charity knitting for our Knitting Guild, I completed two bibs from the "Perfect Baby Bib'" pattern on Ravelry using yarn from a newly discovered stash of Sugar and Cream. I thought I was out (finally!) but found 6 more skeins plus some partial skeins. Unfortunately, only 2 were baby bib color-worthy.
 There may be a few more dishcloths in my future...

No comments: