Saturday, March 19, 2011

Holy, Holy, Holy

Lent is the season in the church when we examine our souls.
Does light shine through me? I have put up so many barriers...Do I let God shine through and fill the holes in my life?
~~~~~~~~~
On a light-er note,

Hole-y, hole-y, hole-y.
This is also the season to examine my soles (and toes.) What a mess.



Even my store-bought socks are bare.
What can I do about the holes in my soul/soles? Some things are fixable, by spending time mending mistakes and mending life's little irritations. This is the link to Mrs. Darn Knit.

Some things have to be dealt with as they are, but I have to pay close attention to them.
Some things need to be given up...even the "things" I love.
 

I did not realize socks could be a metaphor for life!

1 comment:

Lydia Anthony said...

Cathy, thanks so much for your kindness & willingness to mend the holes in my first big knitting project! The baby blanket looks much better now! I enjoy reading your blog. Thanks for letting your light shine!