Sunday, May 08, 2011

10, 20, and "to infinity and beyond..."

Wow. Ten more hexagons and my Swirl Shawl will be ready to block.

 Wow. Twenty more books and I will have completed reading the Newberry Award winners.

This time I read a bevy of biographies: Daniel Boone, a trail breaker who never was lost, except for one time when he was "right bewildered" for 3 days; Amos Fortune, a man who was, as written on his epitaph, "born free in Africa, a slave in America, purchased liberty, professed Christianity, and died hopefully at age 91;" Abraham Lincoln, a backwoods boy who went from living in a log cabin to living in the White House; and Louisa May Alcott, a writer who endured many family hardships but lived with joy, determination, and the maxim that no matter how poor you are, you always have something to give away.

Wow. A zillion more hats to knit out of stash acrylic.....


Once again, I enjoyed figuring out the top decreases...


There will be more...and more...and more...

1 comment:

Jen said...

I can't believe you only have ten more swirls and twenty more books... I can totally believe there are many more hats to go! Everytime I think I've used up some acrylic and think the acrylic fairies sneak in and leave more in my stash drawers. Sigh.

I love the swirl on top of the hat!