Sunday, May 29, 2011

Relentless

ReLentless.

That is how I have been as I worked on the Swirl Shawl. I took a class at the KKQ 2011 in January, using Jojoland melody yarn that was a birthday gift from my daughter, who served the chaplain for the retreat. I started and restarted many times, but finally got the hang of it. Of course, I have a multitude of WIPs, not to mention the UFOs and IMQs (in my queue.) To make sure I completed the shawl in a timely manner, I determined that during Lent I would work only on this project only when I was home. (Since the shawl did require some concentration, I worked on a myriad of stash busting acrylic hats during breaks at work and at sit-n-knits.) I tried to finish one hexagon each evening. I tried to figure out some sort of spiritual aspect to this Lenten "discipline," but could not come up with one. That's OK. I did pray my way through a number of errors and redos! After the leaning curve in January, the getting going in February, the reLentless 40 days in March and April, I finally finished the last of the 82 hexagons on the Fifth Sunday of Easter! I'm pleased with the completed shawl, but will not knit another one. I'm exhausted!!

The blob.


 The bath.


 The blocking. 




The beautiful.


 The shawl was completed in time to take to High Hampton in Cashiers, NC, where I spent a glorious 3 days with 7 other friends who've known each other since nursery school. There is nothing like forever friends!


2 comments:

Jen said...

Completely, absolutely, stunningly, beautifully magnificent! It is a work of art, mom, and I hope you're really proud of this project! I can't wait to see it in person!

PAINTORDIG.blogspot.com said...

This is so beautiful! I cannot imagine ever being that talented.