Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Earth and Fire and Water

Is there some sort of weird fungus growing in my yard?

Nope. It's just a fun fur hat. I was going to call it a mink hat, or a porcupine hat, or a hedgehog hat...but I could not think of an appropriate photo setting. With pearls? With one of the dogs? Nope. It's a fungus hat.
It has been a gorgeous weekend, but certainly not as fall-like as it should be in October. It was very warm- in the high 80's. That sun was working overtime!
The pattern for this hat is a double seed stitch. It looks happy.

Hardly any leaves have started to change, so that made it perfect to make a picture of yet another swirl hat, this time combining the green tree/earth and the blue sky/water. (Can I claim sky and water together?) I do plan to include "air" in a later post, but the sky was so blue that it looked like water!!
I think this makes about 43 hats so far...

Oops- I almost forgot about the child's cap! A bit more sunshine/water/sky...and #44 in the countdown!
Peace.

No comments: