Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Un-biased

After a lengthy post about the legacy of knitting in my family, I am going to unearth a few "draft" posts over the next few weeks. These have been languishing behind the scenes of this blog. Some are more than a year old, but knitting knows no time boundaries...

This is a short post to introduce my "Un-biased" scarf. Not only is there a public "Sit 'n Knit" twice a month at the library where I work, but there is also a mostly-weekly gathering of 5-6 staff knitters.It is a wonderful way to end Hump Day. Sometimes we even go out to eat between working and knitting in the staff room. We work on individual projects, share laughter, and share new apps/games on our iphones! In the past, we have worked informally on various charity projects, such as hats and blankets for the local homeless shelters, scarves for the Special Olympics, and bears for the police department.
Last spring one of the group found the Unbiased Scarf in a magazine and thought it would be fun to do an informal, unhurried knit-along. Unhurried is right: so far, I am the only one who has completed it! Others are well on their way, and still others are in the planning process. I have a huge stash of sock yarn, and was anxious to use some of it for a non-sock project.

This is Sockotta. Unfortunately, the band with the colorway is long gone. It was fun to knit and easy to block. (Looking at the photo, I realize that my straight lines had a lovely curve at the end! Oh well.)


Her endeth this entry...

No comments: