Sunday, July 11, 2010

"And miles to go before I sleep..."

(The conception of this entry occurred about 2 months ago after listening to a podcast of Stash and Burn and bemoaning my personal lack of knitting discipline. It was partially written 2 weeks ago, and has been waiting for the pictures...)

The end/beginning of the fiscal year is upon us. It is yet another opportunity to start anew. Since I missed New Year's resolutions and a Lenten discipline, I'm ready to embark on a fiscal fantasy: I will knit at least one mile of yarn for the next four quarters. I wanted to set a higher goal, but I am both a dreamer and a realist. It has been awhile since I have actually reached any goal that I set, and I need the warm fuzzy of completion!

One thousand seven hundred sixty yards of yarn. That really is not much:

3 prayer shawls + a few chemo caps...

4 pair of socks + a single sock...

Of course, there are a number of UFO's that need to be completed...
Generic socks

             
      Green Gable Sweater

Prayer Shawls

                                                                                                                

(Other UFO's are planted too deep to unearth and photograph right now.  Maybe there will be time to harvest them in the fall.)  

Four miles of knitting this year barely puts a dent in my stash. I believe I have gotten down below the marathon level I once had, but I still have quite a collection. I also plan to do some weeding. The weeding is the incentive to make way for any new yarns which just might take root in my "yarn garden." Hmmm- another metaphor to make stash more palatable and acceptable...

1 comment:

Jen said...

Looking forward to cheering you on! Looking at the piles of yarn does make it seem do-able. Best of luck!

Oh, and I love the new knitometer! I've never seen one before!