Sunday, January 09, 2011

Am I blue?

No, I'm a perfect Autumn, with colors like terra cotta and rust brown and moss green and, now that I am old enough, purple dominating my wardrobe. Blue is almost never my color of choice, even when knitting for someone else. So, why do I still have so much blue in my stash? I discovered that, totally unplanned, I am working on not one but 3 blue projects, with 2 more in the immediate queue!
This is an almost completed prayer shawl, using 1 strand each of Caron Simply Soft Country Blue #9904 and Light Country Blue #9913.

This is an almost completed hat using 1 stand each of Mary Maxim Starlette #unknown and Plymouth Encore #unknown. The pattern is one I cut out many years ago from either McCall's Needlework and Craft magazine or Family Circle or Woman's Day.


This is an almost completed Brother-in-Law Basketweave Hat posted by Kody May, using Paton's Astra faded denim #2776.

The last two yarns will be used for project within the next week:

This is the next Homespun in line for my Knitting-Prayer-Shawls-Through-Almost-All-The-Colors-Of-Homespun- or Kpstaatcoh. (The "k" is silent.)


This yarn is redeemed by two factors: it is NOT acrylic and it also contains some green and teal as well as blue. It is Jojoland Melody Superwash #16 and will be used for the Swirl Shawl class I am taking at the Kanuga Knitting and Quilting Retreat 2011, assuming it doesn't snow too hard.

I must admit I do love a beautiful blue sky....

1 comment:

Jen said...

What is it about blue?!? I don't wear it terribly often, although I do have blue in my wardrobe...but I do often knit with combinations of blues and grays and purples. Hmmm...

I know you do have lots of snow, and Kanuga has even more... Let's start praying for the folks who drive the salt trucks and snow plows - I want to see that jojoland in person!