Saturday, January 01, 2011

January First

 Ah, the New Year. Time to make plans, knowing full well that the "best laid plans of mice and men..." I need to have a more positive attitude!

I do have some hopes and dreams:

I hope I will be at least 10 pounds lighter by this time next year. I really do not know my weight now, but I know I will know when my clothes fit better. I haven't had to go up a size in  long time, but my current wardrobe is feeling tight... (no photo is necessary!)

I hope that if I am not in a new house/apartment/condo by next year at this time that my current house will be in shape to put on the market- from clean rugs and refinished floors and new paint to a clean exterior and manicured landscaping. (It's pouring rain, so I cannot take a pic of the crumbling retaining wall.)

I hope that I can knit through my stash of acrylic. I have nothing against acrylic (or a stash,) but I would hope to have less when I move into the aforementioned dream house/apartment/condo. It will definitely require downsizing. Right now, I am planning the Year of the Hat- a hat a week until the acrylic is gone. I'll donate them to some charity next fall. Here is a portion of the yarn that will be used:

So, what was my first purchase of the New Year? Acrylic Homespun (color Herb Garden), with a super coupon from Michaels. I hope (eventually) to knit a prayer shawl in each (well, most) of the Homespun colorways: 14 down, a little over 50 to go...

I hope to finish organizing the boxes of generational pictures and articles and artifacts. So far I am done with my Mom's family. Next I'll do Dad's, then start on the years we were a family of 4. Later comes the marriage and children and that new family. If it's a fantastic year, I may even get to my children's new families with their children!

I hope to stay healthy, to take my medicine and see the doctor when necessary. That includes eating healthy,  getting enough sleep,and (aargh) exercise.

I hope to finish reading the Newberry Award books (60 more to go.)

I hope to keep hopeful, to know more and more that "the God of hope will fill (me) with all joy and peace as (I) trust in him, so that (I) may overflow with hope by the power of the Holy Spirit." Romans 15:13

Peace-

1 comment:

Jen said...

I hope you know you wonderful you are! Your hope is more powerful than the certainty of most other folks, and I just know you'll achieve what you put your heart into. Go mom!