Sunday, July 24, 2011

30/74

Numbers count. Duh!

In my using-up-acrylic/52 hats project, the count stands at 30. These are the newest...

This one is a vanilla hat using doubled sock yarn:

 

This one is another helix using sock yarn. Also, the long tail cast on was done using both yarns:


Here is a hat version using an adaptation of the mitten pattern in The Essential Guide to Knitting Techniques:

And finally, another regular vanilla helix:


In my Newbery Award quest, the count stands at 74.  (1922 was a long time ago!) I decided that I wanted to reread those books I had  read previously as a child myself, those I had read with my children, and those I had seen on TV or at the movies. These are the ones(re) read most recently...

They stand as a portal into the fantasy world. At times I was reminded of the companions in their quest for good over evil in the Lord of the Rings and the Tales of Narnia as well as the ideals of the Arthurian legends, Don Quixote, and the special talents found in Charlotte's Web.

Onward and upward go the numbers!

1 comment:

Jen said...

That stash of blue has to be getting low now! All the hats are wonderful... I'd love another tutorial on the helix pattern when I see you in September!