Sunday, July 17, 2011

Seeing double...and more

I have been bitten by the Helix Bug. It has taken over as the go-to pattern for my using up my acrylic hats. I know I need to find an antidote (ie another pattern) but I'm having too much fun with this disease! I cannot remember where I first discovered this jewel (it was only a month or so ago- you'd think I'd remember, but no....) Anyway, it wasn't too long after I made the first few hats that I saw the pattern not only in a current magazine (I forgot which one,) but also as part of a sock in the current Knitty!



These 2 hats were a ball to make- pun intended. I am going through my stash of blue-toned half-balls like a frenzied kitten. I have enough for 4-5 more worsted weight hats, the I'm down to the blue sock weight. Double Heelix, here I come!

And yes, I am still reading Newbery Award books.

These two taught me about an idealistic future society in which there was no pain, no suffering, or any kind of emotion and the 12-year-old who was chosen to recieve all the memories of the past pain, suffering, and emotions; and the realistic society of the recent past in which there was much pain, injustice, and confusion suffered by a family who just wanted to continue to work their own land.

More hats...



And another book...
...about a young boy in medieval England who is searching for his companion dog and his minstrel dad.

I am searching for the bottom of my blue bin....

No comments: