Thursday, May 10, 2007

The end of the rainbow

What was intended to be a giant stash buster ended up needing more additional yarn purchases than I thought! Now, I have to think of projects to use up the new stash. Knitting is the Never-Ending Story....

Project: Rainbow Prayer Shawl

Specs:
Caron Simply Soft: red, mango, lemonade, berry blue, limelight, iris, and violet
Fun Fur: red, mango print, tangerine, mexicana, bright yellow, soft yellow, lime, bright blue, indigo, and violet (plus a few odds and ends)
Needles: Size 13
Cast on 147 stitches
Pattern: K3P3
12-14 rows per color

I hang my head in shame- I did not do a real swatch before I started out on this journey. The shawl is much longer than need be, but in this case, better too long than too short!

Finished dimensions: approx 26 x 80
The wearer will be enfolded totally by a rainbow of love.

I am thrilled with the results. It feels so light and airy and happy. It smiles. I smile.

1 comment:

Becky said...

That is magnificent. Reminds of Joseph's Technicolor Dreamcoat.
What fun! Hope you will bring it Saturday for us all to marvel over.