Monday, June 25, 2007

Please accept my excuses for not posting (computer down, I was down,) apologies for photos (camera good, editing not,) and laments for for projects (boring, boring, boring.)

Now that that is out of the way, I am pleased to announce that my June bags are finished! I completed 3 of them, and added those to the 3 I completed last fall.
Since I have already apologized for the photo, I will say only a little more. Believe it or not, there are 3 purple (not 1,) 1 black, 1 brown, and 1 blue (not 3.) Sometimes a picture is worth less than a thousand words...all is not as it appears!!! Suffice it to say that they are all lovely and happy. All were knit with Cascade 220 and bits and pieces of fru-fru.

I left the pattern at home, but it is just a basic bag pattern: garter stitch bottom, pick up stitches in the round, do some increases, add I-cord handles. I doubled the Cascade 220 and used size 11 needles (16 inch.) When I added the fru-fru, I dropped one of the strands of wool. I like the bags to be sturdy, so they stay in the washing machine for a full heavy dirt wash cycle. Also, I add a kettle or two of boiling water.

I found some Lamb's Pride wool in my stash that I may make into a final bag. I am determined to finish projects for which I already have yarn, but I am getting a little bored. I need something new, exciting, and challenging. I think it is time to start a lace shawl...

No comments: