Thursday, July 19, 2007

One hug completed

The Waterfall prayer shawl for my friend has been completed. Since I had started it when we we all together at her beachhouse in May, I sent a strand of yarn to each of the girls with a request to carry it around with them for a few days, hug it, and pray. When the yarn was returned, I used it as the fringe. Now, we have all had a part in the making of this shawl, so it is full of hugs and prayers and comfort for our friend. She had surgery yesterday. One of the other girls and I will drive down to visit her in a few weeks and enfold her in the shawl. Unfortunately, she is still facing more chemo. The color makes me smile. I hope it will do the same for her! We have known each other since first grade, and not only do we share the same name, we also spell it the same way! (This was very confusing to me as a six year old!)

No comments: