Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Oral Surgery

The tree is decorated and ready to slide down the chimney, but ole St Nick still looks a little glum- matter of fact, he is toothless/mouthless at this point. I don't know why I did the eyes, nose, and mouth intarsia-style and just didn't knit them in the background color and do duplicate stitch for the features. Live and learn. I guess I just wanted to prove to myself that I could change colors for just a few stitches and make it look neat. It did look neat, but it was not a happy smile.
I will ponder Santa's reconstructive surgery for the next day or two. Don't worry- he's not in any pain. I haven't decided if his eyes and nose need help- I'll just have to see how this first surgery turns out!!

1 comment:

Becky said...

Hi,
How about making his nose smaller
and give him round red rosy cheeks?
I think I would knit that part of his face where his mouth is, then just embroider a smile on his face with floss. The tree looks fabulous!