Monday, April 30, 2007

April Angst Away


This is how much yarn was left from my April Angst UFO. (Okay, the link does not work. I'm still figuring out how to link to a previous post in my own blog...see entry on April 23rd.) I was getting a little antsy and wondering if there was enough for the final repeat, the border, and the bind off.

There was, and I did finish this UFO within the "scheduled" month! I'm still not overly fond of it, but it is done.


Specs:
1 skein Euroflax sport weight linen- 100 grams
color "neptune"
size 5 needles
Moss Grid Towel pattern from MDK

I do not know why I was so down on this particular project.

  1. It is not gift-worthy.
  2. Blue is not my favorite color, although I do have some blue in my kitchen, where the towel will live and be useful.
  3. The pattern was relatively easy to memorize, but I think patterns of just knits and purls are relatively boring. I am not a mathematician, but I'm reminded of the binary system. Lots can be done with it, mathematically and artistically, but it is just 0 and 1. Just knit and purl. I prefer to have some ssk's and k2togs thrown in for a little variety...
  4. I may be about to enter a knitting slump...

Tomorrow is a new month, and I am excited about May's UFO. The picture is really cool!

2 comments:

Becky said...

I think the towel is beautiful and would make a wonderful gift. Saw the 3 on the Mason Dixon web site.
3 Beautiful colors.

Jen said...

I still haven't finished mine...Congrats on finishing within the month! Can't wait to see what's next!