Monday, April 16, 2007

March Prayers

Our local Knitting Guild meets monthly in the fellowship hall of a church. For the past several years, we have knit Prayer Shawls for their pastoral care ministry. The goal this year to to have presented them with 40 shawls by the end of December. For about 6 months, I have been working a a shawl at the office. It is amazing how, when the stacks of paper get too high, I can open my knitting bag and find peace. The peace is not just for me...it goes right into each stitch of the shawl. The phone may ring and the emails pile up, but just knitting a row or two (or three of four) gets my mind clear as to what is really important. I decided that I needed to finish this shawl for my March project. There is still way too much Homespun in my stash! I am working on another one at homethat is supposed to use up all my fun fur stash, but I'll save that never-ending story for another day!



And so, the shawl.

1 comment:

Jen said...

That's my favorite color of Homespun. A beautiful shawl! What will you take to the office next?