Thursday, April 12, 2007

February Feet, part deux

Golly, I still have quite a bit to lean about editing, spacing, photography, and remembering to spell check! I have no idea why there was so much emptiness at the bottom of yesterday's post...

Anyway, here is UFO sock #2. Apparently, I did not honor it by taking a solo picture as a UFO. It is the sock on the top.


The specs:
2 balls Moda Dea Sassy Stripes "Crayon"
2 Addi's- size 3
generic sock pattern







I took a class in this technique on the back porch of a friend's mountain house last summer. I probably spent too much time gazing off into the amazing view. I would put a picture of the view here, but I am still a privacy freak and don't want to give anything away. Also, I do not have her permission! (I think she would say yes, as long as I don't show any faces...just mountains.)

I enjoyed learning this technique, and obviously put it to good use when I changed the "2-on-1" socks, detailed in yesterday's post, to "1-on-2." This style of knitting is safe and relatively easy. If I had been using 2 circulars instead of 5 dpn's while knitting on my son's deck Easter weekend, I would not have had to re-align my stitches on 4 dpn's when I dropped a needle perfectly between the boards. However, for some reason I just like the "feel" of all those itty bitty wooden needles in my hands. This photo of the finished socks was taken on the deck in my backyard- I do not allow dpns out there! I learn fast! I also learned that I prefer taking pictures outside...

Since I am not online at home, "February Feet, part trois" will have to wait until Monday.
Peace-

No comments: