Tuesday, April 10, 2007

Can I really do this?

Yes, I did use "spell check" but I did not use anything, including my brain, for proofreading for context. I am not a nimble typist, and my fifth grade teacher did not live in a church. But she would always HAVE conniption fits...

I do read many other knitting blogs, and I always imagined knitters sitting at their computers, with a cup of tea or coffee and a scone beside them and a cat or dog curled up in a sunspot near their feet. Words and sentences, with immaculate spelling and syntax, would flow through their fingers like the finest wool yarn. Hilarious tales of woe and joy, dropped stitches and yarns from heaven, would delight readers. They would actually have downloaded, edited, and uploaded amazing pictures of intricate lace and intarsia, taken with a normal digital camera but looking oh-so-professional and appearing in just the right place. (Actually, they probably didn't even have to edit the photos....)

I though I could be them. Time for a reality check!

With no internet access at home, the best I can do right now is sit at my desk at work, with a bottle of water, a ringing phone, and a parade of people. Type a sentence, answer the phone, reread and correct the sentence, go to a meeting for an hour, and then write the next sentence. Aw, it's not really that bad- I've written this whole paragraph without interruption! It has taken me ten minutes, though, because I have to think and rewrite and respell!! Anyway, now that I know that I can't always depend on spell check and that I am who I am and am not anybody else, I guess I will proceed with my blogging attempts...tomorrow.

In the meantime, here is another photo of my muses. I miss them.


No comments: