Tuesday, April 24, 2007

I did it myself!

What a wonderful way to spend a gorgeous Saturday morning:



in the mountains
outside
at a yarn shop
with friends
playing with colors
learning a new technique





After donning aprons and gloves, we placed our wool on plastic wrap and chose our colors. I wish I could have been inside everyone's brain to see how they envisioned their yarn. Here is a photo of 2 skeins in progress- one still in the painting stage, and one being wrapped for the final setting of the colors.




Personally, my vision and my finished product could not have been further apart. I did not even take any "in progress photos" of my attempts. There was supposed to be a whole lot more yellow, but the blue and the green wicked through it. Once I took it home, unwrapped it, rinsed it out, and hung it to dry, I was pleased. I know it will not knit up the way I had hoped, but I could be in for another pleasant surprise.!

No comments: